Sunday, November 21, 2010

Habanero Hamburger Recipe

I have been to several restaurants in my life that have burgers on their menus that are named something clever, enticing my taste buds into thinking that they are about to burn up. I place my order which almost always ends in disappointment. All I have ever received is a regular burger topped with some type of pepper and cheese. If the peppers are weak, then so is the burger. Good, no less, but nothing I would consider labeling with a scary title. I have always wondered why establishments don't mix the peppers in with the meat, and actually use hot peppers. With many other things in life, sometimes it's just better to do it yourself. Throughout the years, I have modified and perfected a simple recipe to make one of the best burgers to be in my hands.

*1 lb ground round beef
*2 habanero or ghost peppers
*4 slices pepper jack cheese
*1 teaspoon black pepper
*1 teaspoon garlic salt

1. Place beef in a large mixing bowl.
2. Chop peppers fine and add them to the beef.
3. Chop cheese slices into small, 1/2" squares and add them to beef mixture.
4. Add salt and pepper.
5. Mix meat thoroughly and make patties. 1 lb beef = 2 or 4 patties.
6. Grill to your liking.
7. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment